Pages

Monday, October 03, 2005

Witnessing

Yesterday (10/1/05) I was walking on the river-walk here in town when two people asked me for directions to the best place to eat (of which I told them the two places that Ravencrest staff or staff family work). But then we got into a great talk about the church, religion and the Bible. One of the things that the conversation lead to was how the church was failing (failing these two in particular) and how Christians aren't reaching out to the community which is sad.

We always talk in our church's about how we need to reach the lost but we treat those people like their wrong and we are right, we are winning and they are losing, we act like we are better because we have been redeemed. Instead maybe we should look at people for who they are, loved children of God, people who need to be loved not condemned and damned. Instead of telling people what they have done wrong we should show them how to do it right. We should be worry about our relationships not our witnesses.

I see church's working and worrying about how their new programs which convince people to stay at that church and try to get people from other church's to come and join their “Fellowship” (LOL)1 and all I can think about are the pharisees, people who only cared about keeping up experiences and wanted people to think that they were holy.

In Christ
PJ

1In this post I used IM talk (aka LOL) for that I apologize. I do not condone that type of language but for the sake of not censoring my blog I left it in

No comments: