Pages

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Net-Neutrality

Net-Neutrality seems to be the big thing in politics these days. I didn't know what it was all about until I did a little research and found out for myself. There are some big companies (AT&T, Bellsouth, Comcast, Verizon, etc) that want to take control of the internet, once they have done that they will then split it into two tiers. One tier would be for the sites that would pay these companies to get there stuff on the internet and therefor get better speed and bandwidth, one the other hand, however, the companies and organizations the don't pay (or can't aford to pay) will be placed in the second tier, and they would receive slower bandwidth if they got any at all.

Now what all of that means is that any user based site, such as Myspace, Google, Blogger, You Tube, I-Tunes, just about anything that is not backed up by a huge company would be in grave danger of being subjected to dial-up speeds if they were lucky and got any speed at all. This is such a big deal that the Christian Coalition Has joined with Move on to protest the movement.

I personaly think that this bill is messed up (I have other words to discribe the way I feel but I think those are best left to myself). This is an attempt to take away basic freedoms from the people just to make some big companies bigger.

If you want to get involved then go to Move On or Save The Internet and call 202-224-3121 and make your voice known, for those who are in Tucson you can also call Jim Kolbe at 202-225-2542. Please do something or risk everything.

No comments: