Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Potential (In YouVersion)

A few months ago I was turned on to a new website called YouVersion, I singed up with it but didn't give it much attention at the time, but recently I re-found it and have started to like it very much. What YouVersion is doing is trying to make the Bible web 2.0 friendly, and it is very interesting how they are doing it. YouVersion is combining Facebook and Bible Gateway to give the user the ability not only to search scripture on there own but to also talk to other people and friends about what they have found, share insights and resources along with many other features (some of which will be coming out soon). Right now it is still just in beta but I have been using it for the past few days and I think that at its present state it is giving Bible Gateway a run for its money. It still has a lot of things that it could work on, and since it is still in beta I love to give the developers some of my ideas on how to make it better. I still like the pen and paper method of reading the bible but seeing as how most of my life is spent in the virtual world YouVersion would be a close second for me. Check it out and when profile views become available I will post my link.

YouVersion

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for your post about youversion

good news...we just released a ton of updates including the ability to post your profile and have people follow you.

People can see your profile at
http://youversion.com/user/[insert your username]

Patrick J said...

Sweet man, thanks for the updates. My profile is http://youversion.com/user/gonzo4god. I will fill it with more stuff as time goes on.