Pages

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Picnik (Online Photo Editing)

Sometime last year I tried to move as much computer-based stuff (Word Documents, Music, Calender, etc) as I could to web-based, even going so far as trying to get an online OS, which I didn't like. One of the things that I tried and liked a lot was a service called Picnik. Picnik is an online flash based photo editor capable of editing photos very well, I would say that for most people it will edit your photos as well as Photoshop or any other professional software but you won't have to have a bloated program filling up your hard drive. For Picnik is ad supported and you do have to have a place to host your picture files (Picasa, Flikr, Facebook, Your hard drive, and many others). There are two membership types to choose from, one free and one that you pay $24.95 per year, not a bad price but right now I don't think that there is really a reason to get that but they are adding more things as time goes on so it might be worth pay the $25 for. So if you are looking to touch up some of your picture and want an easy and free way to do it without getting a bulky program on your computer then you should give Picnik a try.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks man! I had no idea about this.