Pages

Saturday, April 19, 2008

EEE...I WANT a new Computer


It should came as no big surprise to anyone that I love computers and spend most of my time online. Recently two types of laptops have caught my eye, they are UMPC's (which stands for ultra mobile PCs) and Mininotebook (or Subnotebook depending on what tech site you frequent). In the mininotebook category two computers have come out that have captured my attention, the HP 2133 and the Asus Eee PC devices which are 900 (yet to be released), these are both small, light weight, relatively cheap, and pack to the brim with features (relative to their price and size). The Eee PC 900, set to be released soon, has a multitouch mouse pad, 1 GB Ram, 8 GB to 12 GB hard drive, and ports galore, to some that won't sound like a lot but to me that sounds like just enough (at least for now). At launch the Eee PC is going to be $500 but prices are suppose to come down and with Intel about to come out with a new processor called the Atom, which is specifically made for this type of device, these computers can only get better. Check out the hands on video below to see the Eee PC doing its thing.

No comments: