Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

China and Tibet

Most people, in western culture, know about the terrible things being perpetrated by China in Tibet. But the knowledge of what is going on in Tibet is not reaching the Chinese people because of the strict censorship law that are in place in China. However there is a site called Wikileaks which is trying to force information, about what is going on in Tibet, through the Golden Shield Projects (a.k.a. the Great Firewall of China) censors to give the people of China a look into what is going on with their own country. To do this Wikileaks has released over 150 videos and pictures about the Tibet uprising and are asking everyone to help them push these through the censors. I do feel the need to warn anyone who would want to look at the photos, that are extremely graphic and brutal, it made me sick with the first picture that I saw, I knew that it was bad in Tibet but it didn't quite hit me how bad it really was until I saw these pictures. It is hard to get through the Shield Project but I hope that they can so the the Chinese people can be informed about what is going on right next door to them.

This web site is already blocked in China, if you want to see if a site that you have is blocked just go here and find out, you would be surprised to see just how little it takes to be blocked.

No comments: