Pages

Friday, April 04, 2008

GeoCities Web 2.0 Style (Google Page Creator)

So most people know that I am a huge Google fanatic, I use Google for almost all of my day to day Internet activity. Recently I was going through my Google account and came across a part of Google that I had forgotten about, it was Google Page Creator. Back in February 2006 Google launched page creator as a way for people to create their own custom site, much like GeoCities back in the 90s. At first it was a little awkward and not really the best that Google could do. Now, however, Google has greatly improved it, anyone who finds Blogger or any other blogging site easy will find making their own web site easy to. There aren't a lot of templates to choose from but just like any other thing on the web right now all you would really have to do is a quick Google search for templates and you would get thousands in 0.28 seconds. There are also a few other kinks that need to be worked out but it is a fun and easy tool that can be used to create a free web site. You can check out a site that I created the other night for all of my web based ventures here (I am still working on a lot of this).

No comments: